Monday, November 29, 2010

Touchdown Costume - Part 2

Finally finished the never-ending black braid. The whole thing is trimmed and starting to look like something I might actually wear. I used just over six yards of trim, but my fingers feel like it's been about 20 miles.

DSCN0906

DSCN0907

Now the real fun part. This is where my brain gets to let go of the more technical thinking and let the design part go wild. I have small box of bits and parts to start with, but there will be more.

DSCN0909

I started by adding the center piece to the top, I like to start symmetrical and build from there, so the middle is a good place to begin. Then I added medallions along the tops of each cup. I am now in the process of doing the same to the belt.

DSCN0910

DSCN0911

And! If I had panned a little to the right in a few of the above pictures, you would have seen this:

DSCN0908

It is my Christmas present from my amazing, wonderful, magical boyfriend. Yaaaaaaay! I can. not. wait. Oh man. It's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment