Thursday, December 9, 2010

Want It...Thursday?

Whoops. I am a slacker. No Want It Wednesday post this week. But here is a special installment of Want It Thursday - Book Edition!

1. The Lazy Girl's Guide to Green Living
I don't like to think of myself as a "lazy girl", but (at least sometimes) I am one. I do like to think of myself as an environmentally conscious person, so this book seems pretty perfect.

2. Vogue Sewing, Revised and Updated
I'd like to have a beyond-basics reference book. And I'd like it to be this one. I've come to respect Vogue publications on knitting, and I thoroughly enjoy Vogue patterns. So yeah, I want this book.

3. Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume One: Knit & Purl: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue Knitting Magazine (Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Series)
Speaking of Vogue Knitting. I'd like to have all of the Stitchionaries and I don't have any. Some day this will be remedied.

4. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
I don't know that I really need to OWN the Dexter books. But I would certainly like to read them. I'm pretty much obsessed with the show, I don't really know how I could not like the books.

5. The Belly Dancer
It's a romance novel, and that makes me scared. But it's titled "The Belly Dancer", so that means I gotta have it.

Thus concludes the first installment of Books I Want. There will be many more to follow. I really like books.

2 comments:

  1. I also want The Lazy Girl's Guide to Green Living!

    I haven't read any of the Dexter books, and I know that the book is almost always better than the film adaptation... but, I've heard some things about the books that makes me skeptical about them. Definitely let me know if you do read any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an out of date #2 and I loves it and I own #3...also highly recommend it.

    I enjoyed the first two Dexter books and found the 3rd book to be pretty off the charts in regards to levels of WTF.

    (Ozma)

    ReplyDelete